Feeding Your Families
Cain’s Piggly Wiggly is Baldwin County’s family owned grocery store. Our roots go back to the 1930’s and with these deep roots we gather our strength.
Tommy Cain’s uncles started in the grocery business in 1930’s. Shortly thereafter his dad Leon joined them and then went on to manage and own several stores of his own. It was 1965 when the young Tommy Cain was old enough to get in the business himself and he spent a number of years learning from others. In 1989, the first Cain grocery was opened in Loxely, Alabama.
B&H Food Store started out in 1947 as a produce market in Mobile, Alabama. In the 1960’s, when Leon Cain opened a brand new IGA right down the street, the threat of serious new competition forced B&H to rethink it’s marketing and it emerged as a full service market; eventually buying the IGA built by Tommy’s dad and moving its operation there. Fast forward to 2001, Tommy Cain bought B&H and it becomes the second store in Cain’s family for grocery stores.
Six years later, the largest grocery store in Foley, Alabama is opened when Cain’s made a debut in April 2007. Soon thereafter the store was rebranded as Cain’s Piggly Wiggly with the exception of B&H. A third Baldwin county location was added when the Fairhope store was opened in December 2011 and the newest Cain’s Piggly Wiggly opened in August 2015 in the heart of Spanish Fort.